Monday, April 22, 2013


“I wish I had a time machine”
Home Written Stream of Consciousness

I’m nearly half way through my college work in order to achieve a degree in biology. It really feels like I’ve hardly spent any time studying here in the UPR. Time goes by in a flash, and before you know it you already have a job and a ton of responsibilities. So, before I finish my first official college degree and I head off to medicine school, I want to do some things that I won’t have time for in the near future.

I want to do a semester abroad, so that I can get in touch with some other culture besides my own. I’m thinking of going to Australia for a semester, or maybe to the U.K. I want to visit a country that I can explore, but that I can easily move from in order to explore other countries. Australia is enormous, so just exploring it will be an adventure. On the other hand, the U.K. is much smaller, but there are many places to explore nonetheless. In addition, I can move from the U.K. to Europe in a matter of hours, which is excellent. In terms of travel, I would also LOVE to go to Brazil during the summer of 2014 in order to experience the FIFA world cup. This is something that I feel I have to do in my life, because I love soccer, and going to a world cup is the pinnacle of the sport.

After I finish my B.S., I plan to attend medical school in order to obtain my MD. I know it’s going to be very challenging and rigorous, but it’s what I want to do and feel that I’ll be good at it. I’m looking at several medical schools, but among my top choices are Brown, Columbia and the medical sciences campus of the UPR. I really hope my med school career goes successfully and as planned. After med school, I plan to specialize in Invasive Cardiology.       

No comments:

Post a Comment