Monday, April 22, 2013


“Blog vs. Journal: My reflection on my blog" 
Home Written Stream of Consciousness

This semester in Journey in Literature I’ve had one of the best experiences with my writing assignments compared to my most recent literature classes. The journal and the blog are a great way to express one’s self in the form of creative writing. If you enjoy writing, and like to travel or to reflect on your previous adventures, than this is definitely the class for you! Besides the essay that we had to write (which was a good assignment, in my opinion) the journal and the blog have been the remainder of the work that we've done this semester.

The journal is where most of the work has been done. It has helped me to expand my creative writing technique in a great manner. In the beginning, I could only write around a page, maybe a page and a half of pure narration. What I mean with that is that I told everything as if it were a travel itinerary, in a synchronized order. However, towards the end of the semester, I learned to actually analyze what I have done in my past travel experiences, and comment on how that can make me a better traveler than I’ve ever been. On the other hand, the blog project has been less work, but it has inspired me a lot more than the journal. In fact, I even started my own personal blog where I can share my thoughts about life and the random occurrences that I have during the day. Writing is a very good exercise for the brain, and there are scientific tests that have proven that writing helps a great load with your brain plasticity. If I had to make a decision in which one of the projects I preferred, it would be the blog project, because it inspired me to keep writing creatively and to expand my creative capabilities, and I thank this class for that. 

Before I started this project I was never into creative writing, but the stress that it takes off your back is enormous. It really is a form of meditation, when you grab your laptop, and start typing away, its liberating! It's also a good way to express your feelings if you have no one to talk to, or write down good memories that you want to remember in the future. That's actually really important; this blog sort of works as your legacy, and it's the narration of your life through your own eyes, somewhat of an autobiography. I found this to be a great project, and I'm hoping to get this assigned for some of my other literature classes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment